things i am ashamed that i do
- having fantasies of being interviewed
- having fantasies of being transported into my favorite fictional stories and succeeding despite that fact that im a useless blob
- having fantasies that while im in that fictional world, i protect my favorite bbs and stop them from making terrible mistakes
- having fantasies while im taking walks that the world around me is post apocalyptic and i’m traveling the rugged road to survive
- having fantasies that in the event of an apocalypse, i’d be the number 1 baddest bitch
- generally building an unwarranted sense of self importance via things that never happened
In relationships there is so much responsibility placed on women to endure, to tolerate, to obey, to be patient, to heal these men, to enrich their lives, and to make them “feel” like men. So much that these characteristics have come to define woman; we are ideas, fantasies, and objects for these men.
We learn from a young age to be pleasing for men, and are told not to complain, because a good girl endures. A wife’s or girlfriend’s love and worth for their partner is weighed in how much bullshit, mistreatment, and abuse she takes.
And when the shit hits the fan, and a woman has had enough, the men are never blamed — they’re treated like injured boys in need of love and healing, and as women we are blamed because we must have failed them.